By Tony Horton, Creator of P90X

I'm fascinated with the applications of theories and/or behaviors that work well for me. I'm always looking for ways to enhance this amazing journey called life. I often talk about finding the Energy and Enthusiasm to enjoy everything you want in this world. For me, this often requires examining behavior where I've fallen short, and trying to alter my approach the next time around. I'm beginning to learn that certain things need to be in play almost every day. In the process I've created a list called "The 8." If I do these eight things I feel like I've had the perfect day. You might want to create and personalize a list of your own.


Sleep. My perfect day starts with the night before. If I get 7-1/2 to 8 hours of sleep, I'm revved up and ready to hit the ground running.

Working Out. Like you didn't know this was going to be on the list. My workouts affect all aspects of my life. Mind, body, spirit, and beyond.

Whole Foods. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats provide the fuel I need for a whole life.

Supplements. They assist me with recovering from workouts and provide energy for the next one.

Attitude. The more time I spend asking questions to find solutions in life, the more exciting life becomes. Focus on what works, not on what doesn't.

Hobbies. Find something you love to do. From stamp collecting to bird watching, hobbies can provide great friendships and tremendous personal growth.

Charity. Whether it's sending flowers to a friend or working with orphans, when you take the onus off of yourself and put the focus on others, you'll find true happiness.

Downtime. Turn off the tube and breathe. Balance is part of a perfect day. Read, meditate, or exchange ideas with people you love.Whenever I do all eight, my day is as good as it gets. If the items on this list feel like work to you, then they won't work for you. You have to truly want to live this way. If you are willing, then choosing "The 8" will make for many perfect days.

Power on!
Tony Horton

0 comments