Message Board Post of the Month

Thursday, February 25, 2010 | 0 comments »

By Tony Mestaz

I've tried to put to words my experience of last weekends Charity Run. I was so full of emotion Saturday. Of course I was excited, knowing I was going to meet the Beachbody gang and Tony Horton and Debbie Siebers. Tony's been in my living room for about 90 days now and the Power 90® Program has become a big part of my life. However all of that could not compare to why we were all there, The Charity for Breast and Ovarian Cancer. During one part of the event, Tony Horton put his hand on my shoulder and asked me if I didn't just think this was the most remarkable thing I had ever seen. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was also feeling the emotions of the 60,000 plus people that had come together that day. There were so many people wearing shirts with pictures of loved ones that had lost the battle - they were mothers and daughters and wives. I saw so many men walking with little kids and they were wearing shirts with a picture of mommy - a mommy that would be missed. I was truly touched. I was very proud to be on the Beachbody team.

The People at Beachbody were not what I expected, well maybe in some ways they were but in most not at all. I've learned that while being on Power 90® what made this program work over others was that Beachbody gave me the feeling they were right there with me for every drop of sweat and every push up. Celebrating with me every inch I lost and every smile I wore. The key for me was I was not alone. They also gave me all of you. You all make this program work and Beachbody goes to great length to keep it up and running 24 hours a day. The part of them I didn't expect was how real they are and how concerned they are for each and every one of us. As I talked about many of you they all but finished my sentences. They know you better than I do. They were so friendly and there was no sales pitch. They never told me what to say or how to act. They just glow as people. I got to meet people from the back office and just like all the others over and over again it was all about us - you and me and how we are doing and if we like the boards and how is this working for us. They are concern for our health and that we get fit the right way.

I had been with the camera crew away from the Beachbody booth when Tony Horton and Debbie Siebers arrived. Cort Howell, the producer, said Tony's at the booth. I actually wanted to run over just to get a peek at him. First of all, know that Tony does not claim to be anything or anyone special, just a man concerned about fitness. He is a hero to me though. When Cort said we'd head back over to the Beachbody booth I was nervous and totally excited. I darted back in that direction and could see a huge crowd gathered around them. In the middle of the crowd were Tony and Debbie. At first I didn't recognize Debbie; she is even more beautiful and full of life in person than she is on the TV. Tony has about a million times more energy than what we see of him. I wonder how they ever get those tapes made - It shows on their persons how much they love people. The camera guy asked me if I had met Tony yet. I told him no but I was excited to get to. When I got up the nerve to work my way through the crowd, I walked up to him and as I caught his attention he yelled out my name. I was shocked he knew who I was - even more proof to the fact that all Beachbody staff are involved in the Message Boards (I can't stress enough how important it is to use them if you have the chance). Tony reached out and gave me a big hug and again I was shocked, this guy felt like brick wall - Hey guys those muscles on TV are not Hollywood effect they are real - sheesh.

Over the next few hours I would be hugged, have my hand shook and smiled at over and over by the Beachbody staff. I met Carl and Jon, the founders - both really great guys and very concerned with health and fitness. I got to meet with Steve Edwards, our fitness advisor, and Joanne, who also gives advice on the boards. What awesome people -they all live what they preach.

IMPORTANT INFO - Because I was either with the camera crew or doing the run I was not able to carry my camera. All the pictures I have been able to share are because Steve and Joanne were willing to carry it for me and take pictures throughout the day. Please let them know how much we appreciate them. There were many staff members there that day also wanting to give time for such a worthy cause. I've often wondered where Beachbody gave their employees training. Having a big background in customer service, one company many people try to mimic is Disney, they are supposed to be tops when it comes to customer service and relations. Beachbody must have written their book. I can say this because I have called them several times and every time they've gone out of their way to take care of my needs. Do I sound like a commercial? I saw a post yesterday where someone made a comment about hook, line and sinker - What I know is this: Beachbody says if you follow their program they will transform your body. Well not only do they do that but they also transform your outlook on life. Those of you that know me also know I had pretty much given up on life. I was obese, my diabetes was raging and I was so overweight I could not even play with my kids without it causing lots of pain. Tony Horton and Beachbody have given me back my life, given me tons of energy, and now I just want to pay it forward.

I'm so proud to have been a part of Beachbody. The small amount of money it cost to get started was not even close to what they give back. Every penny I paid was an investment to my health, fitness, and future.

I'll post a few more pictures now - I love ya all.

Power On!
Tony M.

0 comments